<p> </p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Hi guys</p>
<p class="MsoNormal">“ Tears in Heaven “ is written by Eric Clapton. The song is dedicated to Eric’s son who was 4 year old and fell from the window of an apartment on the 53th floor of a building in New York. This is one of Clapton's most successful songs’</p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Tears in Heaven – Eric Clapton sang tac bai hat nay de tuong niem cau con trai 4 tuoi cua minh – dua be bi roi tu cua so cua mot can ho tren tang thu 53 cua mot building o New York. Day la mot trong nhung bai hat thanh cong nhat cua Eric.</p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-bottom: 12pt; line-height: normal;"><span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman','serif';">Would you know my name<br /> If I saw you in heaven?<br /> Would it be the same<br /> If I saw you in heaven?<br /> I must be strong<br /> And carry on,<br /> 'Cause I know I don't belong<br /> Here in heaven.<br /> Would you hold my hand<br /> If I saw you in heaven?<br /> Would you help me stand<br /> If I saw you in heaven?<br /> I'll find my way<br /> Through night and day,<br /> 'Cause I know I just can't stay<br /> Here in heaven.<br /> Time can bring you down,<br /> Time can bend your knees.<br /> Time can break your heart,<br /> Have you begging please, begging please.<br /> Beyond the door,<br /> There's peace I'm sure,<br /> And I know there'll be no more<br /> Tears in heaven.<br /> Would you know my name<br /> If I saw you in heaven?<br /> Would it be the same<br /> If I saw you in heaven?<br /> I must be strong<br /> And carry on,<br /> 'Cause I know I don't belong<br /> Here in heaven.</span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-bottom: 12pt; line-height: normal;"><span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman','serif';">The grammar point I’d like to introduce here is the If-clause. “If I saw you in the heaven”-This If clause expresses one thing that is unreal ( we call it unreal conditions) at present. The little boy passed away but the Father is still alive and kicking. So the Father can not see his boy neither in heaven nor on earth. That is why<span>  </span>the father said “If I SAW<span>  </span>you …”. Notice that he did use SAW<span>  </span>instead of using SEE.<span>  </span>This is the first unreal condition in present time.</span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-bottom: 12pt; line-height: normal;"><span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman','serif';">Another example would be:<span>  </span>If I were a bird, I would fly to the sky.</span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">I can never be a bird, so If I were a bird… and so on.</p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Diem van pham trong bai hat nay CDOD muon gioi thieu den can ban la dieu kien khong co that o hien tai. Vi du: Neu la chim toi se bay len troi</p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Toi khong bao gio lam chim duoc cho nen phai dung WERE , khong duoc dung If I am a bird…</p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Tuong tu vay cau con trai cua Eric da qua doi, Eric se khong bao gio gap lai con trai nua. Vi the If I saw you in heaven ( Neu Cha gap lai con tren thien dang- dieu kien khong co that o hien tai- do do Eric dung simple past cho dong tu trong menh de If), Eric had to use SAW instead of using SEE.</p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Now is time to enjoy the song!</p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTAMkbaXKXw&feature=fvst">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTAMkbaXKXw&feature=fvst</a></p>;
<p class="MsoNormal">bye for now, see you next time!</p>
Topics: tears in heaven
Like (1)